Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Hierarchical grid load on demand child data on row expansion
posted

Hi team,

I am using Infragistics version 9.1.28 and will update in upcoming month but this is requirement i have to deliver.

Requirement: Using Hierarchical Grid i have to load child data on demand.

Issue: 
HTML:

<igx-hierarchical-grid  #grid1 igxPreventDocumentScroll  [autoGenerate]="false" [primaryKey]="'CustomerID'"
            [allowFiltering]='true' [height]="'580px'" [width]="'100%'" [rowHeight]="'65px'"  [emptyGridMessage]="emptyMessage"  [isLoading]="gridLoading" [paging]="false">

<igx-column field="CustomerID" [hidden]="true"></igx-column>
<igx-column field="CompanyName"></igx-column>
<igx-column field="ContactName"></igx-column>
<igx-column field="ContactTitle"></igx-column>
<igx-column field="Country"></igx-column>

<igx-row-island #rowIsland1 [key]="'Orders'" [primaryKey]="'OrderID'" [autoGenerate]="false" [allowFiltering]='true'   (onGridCreated)="gridCreated($event)">
 <igx-column field="OrderID" [hidden]="true"></igx-column>
<igx-column field="ShipCountry"></igx-column>
<igx-column field="ShipCity"></igx-column>
<igx-column field="ShipAddress"></igx-column>
            </igx-row-island>
</igx-hierarchical-grid>

TS:

public gridCreated(event: IGridCreatedEventArgs) {
    const dataState: IDataState = {
        key: event.owner.key,
        parentID: event.parentID

};
            event.grid.isLoading = false;
            event.grid.data = Data;
            event.grid.cdr.detectChanges();

}

But the above method is not binding to Child Data. Also can u provide data model for Child Grid.

Issue 2: i get the below error and i have found solution as per https://github.com/IgniteUI/igniteui-angular/issues/6860 but data is still not binding to Child Grid.

Please reply ASAP.
Parents Reply
    Offline posted in reply to Shobhana Suara

Hi Shobhana,

I noticed there is another forum thread, where the same question has already been posted. Please, keep in mind that according to our support policy, we handle a single thread per question. This helps ensure that all your questions are addressed correctly.

Additionally, we advise that each thread covers a single topic to ensure better consistency. Thank you for understanding.

Please, refer to the other thread where I have already provided an answer to your question.

Best regards,
    Bozhidara Pachilova

Children
No Data