Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
NumericXAxis: How to set maximum visible value?
posted

Dear Infragistics Team,

I need to set the maximum visible value for the numericXAxis when the app starts. I know that I can use WindowScaleHorizontal properties but It doesn't solve my issue.
I have xAxis.MinimumValue = 3800 and xAxis.MaximumValue = 17000. I want that the app starts with xAxis.MaximumVisibleValue = 4800. 

ScrollRangeIntoView(3800, 4800) provides the correct result but it works only if I handle the WindowsRectChange.
If the app starts with:

InitializeComponent();

xAxis.ScrollRangeIntoView(3800, 4800);

i receive a "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". 

Any ideas please?

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Joseph,

I have been investigating into this behavior you are reporting, and I have reproduced it. It appears that the call to ScrollRangeIntoView on the NumericXAxis is too early when placed in the constructor of the page, and we are missing a null-check in our internal code. As a workaround to this, I would recommend overriding the OnAppearing method of your page and making this call there.

This is unexpected behavior, and as such I have asked our engineering teams to examine it further. To ensure it receives attention, I have logged development issue 248377 in our internal tracking systems and have created a private support case for you that will be linked to this issue so you can be notified of any fix or other resolution made to it. This support case has an ID of CAS-190240-Q3Q8L3, and you can access it here: https://www.infragistics.com/my-account/support-activity.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.                     

Sincerely,
    Andrew
    Software Developer

Reply Children
No Data