Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Tooltips for HorizontalScaleLeft and HorizontalScaleRight
posted

Hi,

is there an easy way to have Tooltips displayed when the mouse hovers the HorizontalScaleLeft element (the area where the cursor changes to a double-arrow)?

I have a XamZoombar like this:

<ig:XamZoombar Grid.Row="1" Minimum="0" Maximum="100" Height="60">
            <ig:XamZoombar.HorizontalScaleLeftStyle>
                <Style>
                    <Setter Property="FrameworkElement.ToolTip" Value="left" />
                </Style>
            </ig:XamZoombar.HorizontalScaleLeftStyle>
            <ig:XamZoombar.HorizontalScaleRightStyle>
                <Style>
                    <Setter Property="FrameworkElement.ToolTip" Value="right" />
                </Style>
            </ig:XamZoombar.HorizontalScaleRightStyle>
            <ig:XamZoombar.HorizontalThumbStyle>
                <Style>
                    <Setter Property="FrameworkElement.ToolTip" Value="thumb" />
                </Style>
            </ig:XamZoombar.HorizontalThumbStyle>
            <ig:XamZoombar.HorizontalPreviewContent>
                <Rectangle Fill="Blue" Width="30" Height="30" />
            </ig:XamZoombar.HorizontalPreviewContent>
        </ig:XamZoombar>

I see the Tooltip on the thumb, but no Tooltip on the ScaleLeft or ScaleRight element. Is this intentional or am I doing something wrong? (I have not yet installed the 2015.1 suite, but I guess I won't make any difference)

Thanks,

Tjark

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Tjark,

Thank you for your post!

I have been investigating this issue, and I have been able to reproduce it. This appears to be an issue with the XamZoombar control, as it appears that nothing style-related seems to work for the HorizontalScaleLeftStyle and HorizontalScaleRightStyle. A workaround to this is to handle the Loaded event of the XamZoombar and use the Infragistics Utilities class to obtain elements named "HorizontalScaleRightElement" and "HorizontalScaleLeftElement." These two elements are ContentControls and you can use the static Utilities.GetDescendantFromName method to obtain them from the XamZoombar. Then, you can programmatically set the Tooltip on these ContentControl objects.

I have attached a sample project to demonstrate the above.

This is unexpected behavior of the XamZoombar though, and as such I have asked our engineering staff to examine this issue further. I have logged a development issue for this and I have opened a private case for you so you can track the progress of this development issue. The development issue has an ID of 202807 and the case has an ID of CAS-158264-J6V0P6. You can access this case at https://www.infragistics.com/my-account/support-activity.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Sincerely,
    Andrew
    Associate Developer
    Infragistics Inc.
    www.infragistics.com/support

XamZoombarTest.zip
Reply Children
No Data