Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamBarcodeReader not reading barcode..
posted

Hi,

I've tried with numerous pictures of barcodes to decode and only a couple random ones are working..

In the event BarcodeReader_DecodeComplete they mostly fail because e.SymbolFound = false;

See attachment at the images that are working against the ones that are not working.

Is there anything that can be done about this?

Thanks, Grant

Barcodes.zip
Parents
    Offline posted

Hello Grant and thank you for posting!

After reviewing the sample screenshots I am not sure that I could say the type of Barcode that is used for a few of the provided ones. It seems that the WORKING and WORKING2 are generated as XamCode39Barcode and they could be easily recognized. I have also tried to generate the NOT_WORKING1 and NOT_WORKING2 from the text and it looks like they are neither XamCode39Barcode nor any of the other barcode symbologies that are supported - http://help.infragistics.com/doc/WPF/2015.1/CLR4.0/?page=xamBarcode_Barcode_Symbologies.html.
    Would you please let me know what the exact type of those barcodes is?
    I have also noted that the other five images have a complex background. Please note that this may cause incorrect data to be read so I will suggest you to filter the image prior to running the barcode reader.

Reply Children
No Data