Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Updating of grouping on field value change.
posted

This is a simple question which I hope there is a simple answer to.
Question: If I have a xamDataGrid that is group by one or more fields, and the user edits one of those fields... then what is the best (performace) way of updating the grid so that the record that was just edited appears in its new group. 

I was using 7.1 and I was able to get the regrouping to work if I cleared and repopulated the SortedFields collection... then reset the DataSource. This is really slow with a moderate set of data.

I just installed 7.2 and have just been toying around with a test project to see what the differences... and I am investigating alternatives to re-rendering the entire grid.

Any suggestions? 

Jason Login 

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello jlogin,

Thank you for your post. I have been looking through it and I suggest you use the following code:

e.Record.RefreshSortPosition();

in your XamDataGrid’s CellUpdated event. By doing this you will refresh the records in the XamDataGrid and the FieldLayout. Please note, we are making efforts to ensure all posts are addressed by an Infragistics expert. We believe that the other community members could benefit from this thread as well.

Feel free to write me if you need further assistance.

Children
No Data