Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Initial series point mouseover results in blank ToolTip
posted

I create a number of ScatterSeries in code for various ice cream flavors (may not be relevant) like so:

ScatterSeries ss = new ScatterSeries();

// various properties set which probably don't matter for the discussion

TextBlock tb = new TextBlock();

tb.SetBinding(TextBlock.TextProperty, new Binding("Item.ToolTip"));

ss.ToolTip = tb;

The ToolTip property in the underlying data is the flavor of the ice cream represented by the series.  I expect that when I mouse over a point on the chart, the user will see the ToolTip for that point and tell them the flavor of ice cream (along with the series badge).

The behavior that I see is that when I first hover over a point on the first series (first meaning the first one I hover over - doesn't matter which one I choose - in this case I chose the Chocolate Chunk series) the tooltip pops up like so:

I expect this one to look like so (though it would be a different flavor):

It will, however, pop up correctly once I've moused over the point on a different series.

Again, doesn't matter which series I choose - the first point I hover over will be blank (with the series badge displayed but no flavor text) until I hover over a point on a different series. If I were to hover over a bunch of points all from the first series, they all exhibit this behavior, once I hover over a point from a different series, then tooltips are OK for the points in the first series.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Matt

Parents
    posted

itsmatt, I have created a support case and linked it to Development Issue 61154 so you will be notified when this fix is addressed.

Thanks,

Reply Children
No Data