Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
GroupBy header displayed like regular cells?
posted

I have a grid that is grouped by the first column, with summary values (totals) for every other column to be displayed in line with their respective column data. 

I've got this working ok, but for data selection purposes I need the summary row cells to be selectable along with the record cells - by default it seems that each group of records below the summary rows seem to be part of a separate grid hierarchy.  I need them to at least appear like they're in the same hierarchy, for both multiple cell selection and consistent cell borders.

To illustrate, the resulting grid needs to resemble the following layout.  I've tweaked the GroupByRecordPresenter template to remove the StackPanel and therefore nudge the summary values inline with the summary row description, but I'm not sure if I'm facing a losing battle here to make it behave like a regular grid.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello,

It has been a while since you have made your post, in case you still need support I will be glad to assist you further. I suppose the other community members can benefit from this answer as well. So I have been looking through your post and I created a sample project for you in which I use a query to make the group by and then set the query as DataSource of the XamDataGrid.

Feel free to write me if you have further questions.

XamDataGridGroupByShownHierarchicaly.zip
Children
No Data