Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
RadioButtonTool and Content property
posted

Hello,

I was searching for an infragistics themed radiobutton control, and I ran across the RadioButtonTool which perfectly suits my need. But I have a problem using it.

I'm trying to display a bold title and a description as the control captionn, so I  tried to use the Content property as I would with a classical RadioButton:

<Ribbon:RadioButtonTool Grid.Column="0" Grid.Row="0"
VerticalAlignment="Top" HorizontalAlignment="Left"
Margin="5 10 10 5" Height="80" Width="150">
<Ribbon:RadioButtonTool.Content>
<TextBlock TextWrapping="WrapWithOverflow" Text="{Binding Path=Caption}">
<Visualizer:BindableRun BoundText="{Binding Path=Caption, StringFormat={}{0} :}" FontWeight="Bold" /> <Visualizer:BindableRun BoundText="{Binding Path=Description}" />
<LineBreak />
</TextBlock>
</Ribbon:RadioButtonTool.Content>
</Ribbon:RadioButtonTool>

But nothing is displayed inside the RadioButtonTool. To pinpoint the problem, I tried simplifying my code. Putting a literal in the Content property works, but once I try to use a TextBlock the control remains empty:

<!-- Works -->
<Ribbon:RadioButtonTool >
Hello world!

<!-- Doesn't work -->
<Ribbon:RadioButtonTool >
<TextBlock Text="Hello world!" />

Am I doing something wrong ? Is there a way to use the Content property of this control to display complex content ?

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello,

It has been a while since you have made your post, in case you still need support I will be glad to assist you further. I suppose the other community members can benefit from this answer as well. So I have been looking through your post and as it is explained here:

http://blogs.infragistics.com/forums/t/58734.aspx

the XamRibbon is not meant to be retemplated and respectively the controls it uses, so I suggest you, in order not to lose functionality, use the controls the way they behave.

Feel free to write me if you have further questions.

Children
No Data