Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
GalerryTool Items
posted

Hello guys,

I ve been trying to bind a custom GalleryItem collection to the Infragistics GalleryTool Items, but it just looks like there is no way I can get it work.

I have also tried the ItemsKeys in the GalleryItemGroup but also can' t get it work. 

I am using a custom GalleryItem template as I want the item to display some extra information not just the Text and the Image.

I would like that my items to be previewed in the MenuTool. 

I am trying to do all this following the MVVM pattern so my ribbon will have its DataContext set to a model class which contains the GalleryItem collection I want to bind to. Ideal will be if I could actually have a collection of a custom type which will be the datacontext for every GalleryItem I create.

Is something like this even possible, what am i missing? Could DataTemplates  be of any use to create the GalleryItems when binding to a collection of a custom Type, something like: 

<DataTemplate DataType="{x:Type models:GalleryItemModel}">
            <IgRibbon:GalleryItem/>
</DataTemplate>

Thanks,

Andrei

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi,

It sounds like you are talking about the WPF Ribbon control based on your use of x:Type and ItemsKeys in your sample code.  I went ahead and took a look at that ribbon and from what I can see it's not possible to bind to the Items collection that way.

I think I'm going to ask someone to move this post one more time so you can get a final answer from someone more knowledgeable on that control than myself.

Really sorry about the delayed response, your post was languishing in the wrong forum for a while.

Children
No Data