Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Bug with ScatterLine and a single point?
posted

The XamChart docs state that for a ScatterLine chart:

It is recommended that the numeric columns contain 2 or more rows so that a line can be drawn between two data points

From: ms-help://NetAdvantage_WPF92/NAWPF_WPF92/WPF/xamChart_Scatter_Line_Chart.html

However, I find that if you try to draw a scatter line chart and only provide a single data point, you get a nasty error message (XamChart Warning: The scatter chart needs ValueX and ValueY. The values have to be set for every data point using ChartParameters collection.) Note that the point is fine, it's just that there is only one point (which is not recommended, but it's all the data I have).

I have run into this in two places. In the first I was manually adding the data points, so I simply checked for a count of one, and added a duplicate point and all was well.

But in the second place, I'm using data binding so my opportunities to get in and fudge the data are limited.

Is there any way to make XamChart behave like the docs say it should behave? Drawing just one marker is fine.

Thanks,

Mike

Parents Reply Children
No Data