Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How do you add a Calendar into the Application menu of ribbon
posted

I've added a XamMonthCalendar to the application menu of the ribbon control but have been unable to make the entire calendar visible? How would I go about doing this? Height, appears to have no effect.

<igRibbon:XamRibbon x:Name="myRibbon" DockPanel.Dock="Top" AutoHideEnabled="False" IsMinimized="True"> <igRibbon:XamRibbon.ApplicationMenu> <igRibbon:ApplicationMenu > <igRibbon:MenuTool Caption="Open Daily Nomination" ButtonType="DropDown" Height="150"> <igRibbon:LabelTool Caption="Select the Daily Nomination to open."/> <igEdit:XamMonthCalendar ShowLeadingAndTrailingDates="True" TodayButtonVisibility="Visible" Margin="0 0 0 0" SelectedDatesChanged="dailyNominationCalendar_SelectedDatesChanged" Background="Transparent" /> </igRibbon:MenuTool> </igRibbon:ApplicationMenu> </igRibbon:XamRibbon.ApplicationMenu> </igRibbon:XamRibbon>

Parents
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Based on the Office UI Guidelines the dropdown for a menu directly within the left side of the Application menu must occlude and should not exceed the area of the right side of the application menu so that is how the popup of the menus within the application menu are handled. If you had more items in the application menu then the application menu would be taller and therefore the popup of the menu directly within the application menu would be taller. In theory you could even put a separator in the left hand side and set its visibility to Hidden although I believe the guidelines indicate that the app menu should be as tall as needed to show its controls so you may have to check the guidelines to see if this is allowed.

Reply Children
No Data