Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Multiple series in one dimension
posted

Hi,

Firstly, as this is my first post, I'd like to thank you for a fantastic product - it has cut our dev time substantially, and impressed the client suitably :)

Right, onto my problem - I am writing a control that generates the chart according to specific criteria that it receives from the server, thus, from code-behind I set View3D = true/false, set the resource style to the one required (style resources hacked out of the Feature Browser), and then creating the series and the datapoints.

My probelm comes in with a 2-dimensional column chart - the Basic chart example in the Feature Browser renders two series, but with the data points next to each other above the X-axis label, instead of BEHIND each other, which mine is doing at the moment.  How do I go about changing that?!

Than, a minor one - when I resize the control, the chart is not resized in proportion, the Series Legend merely shifts out right... is there some way to get around that?

Thanks!

Reinhardt

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

i am a bit confused... i'm not sure how columns would be displayed behind one another on a 2D column chart.  i checked the samples browser and the basic column chart 3D sample shows two series, while the column chart 2D sample shows 6 series ... are you sure you didn't mean 3D here?  maybe you could post an image of what you're seeing?

if it is 3D, try the Transform3D property...

<igChart:XamChart.Transform3D>
                    <RotateTransform3D>
                        <RotateTransform3D.Rotation>
                            <AxisAngleRotation3D Axis="0, 1, 0" Angle="-45" />                           
                        </RotateTransform3D.Rotation>
                    </RotateTransform3D>
                </igChart:XamChart.Transform3D>

ReinhardtB said:
    Than, a minor one - when I resize the control, the chart is not resized in proportion, the Series Legend merely shifts out right... is there some way to get around that?

try adjusting the Legend Margin to adjust its position.  if you set the MarginType to "Percentage", you can position it relative to the entire chart size.

Children
No Data