Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamSpreadsheet: Find and replace
posted

Hi,

We implemented spreadsheet editor in our application, but now we've struggled to find built in Find and Replace functionality in XamSpreadsheet. Is there way to have Find dialog on Ctrl+F shortcut which is provided by Infragistics? 

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for contacting .I have been investigating the "search" or "find" behaviors you are looking for in the xamSpreadsheet and Excel Library and I determined that currently, there is no built-in way to automatically do a find.

However, you can workaround this by looping through the rows elements in the worksheet.rows() class, and then the cell elements in the worksheet.rows().cells() class. A sample loop for this would look like the following:

const rowsCount = worksheet.rows().count;
    for (let i = 1; i < rowsCount; i++) {
    const row = worksheet.rows(i);
    const cellsCount = row.cells().count;
    for (let j = 0; j < cellsCount; j++) {
    const cell = row.cells(j).value;
    }
    }

There you can check the value of each of the cell elements and whether it contains the content that you are looking for.

For build in search and find please suggest a new feature idea for future versions (or vote for existing ones) at <ideas.infragistics.com>.

Thank you in advance to submitting your product idea.

Regards,

Divya Jain

Reply Children
No Data