Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamDataGrid: SelectedDataItem binding not working
posted

Hello,

for some reason the SelectedDataItem binding is not working. That property in the ViewModel is always null. I also tried to use the SelectedItemsChanged event, but it is also not fired. I don't know why. There is also no error message in the output debug window.

<igWPF:XamDataGrid DataSource="{Binding BrixItems}" SelectedDataItem="{Binding SelectedBrixItem, Mode=TwoWay}"
                               SelectedDataItemsScope="RecordsOnly"
                               GroupByAreaLocation="None">

Attached is the source code.

SelectedDataItem_Issue.zip

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Markus,

Thank you for posting in our forums!

The default CellClickAction behavior is to activate the records.  The default selection behavior of the XamDataGrid allows selecting records with Ctr/Shift modifier keys or clicking the RowSelector.  This selection behavior mimics the selection in Windows Explorer.

If you want to select records when clicking them I recommend setting the FieldSettings CellClickAction to SelectRecord like below:

<igWPF:FieldSettings AllowEdit="True" LabelClickAction="Nothing" CellClickAction="SelectRecord"/>

Please let me know if this helps.

Children
No Data