Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Word Template To Be Filled Dynamically
posted

Hi there,

I have been trying to figure a way out to dynamically fill in a word document using various data and based on a dotx template... Unfortunately, I saw that it hasn't been implemented yet...

Been digging around and stumbled across this thread from 2015: https://www.infragistics.com/community/forums/p/95989/474644.aspx#474644

Has this feature been considered yet? Are you guys working on it or is it still unplanned?

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Cheers,

Max

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello Max,

From your description in this thread, it sounds like you are looking to be able to load in a .dotx template and dynamically modify it, as mentioned in the other forum thread that you have linked. If so, it is worth noting that the "forward-only" functionality of the Infragistics Word Library has not changed. It cannot load and dynamically modify Word documents - it can only create them.

I have been looking through our internal product ideas list, and I have not found one submitted for the Word Library that matches this requirement, and so as far as I am aware, this is not being worked on and is at the moment, unplanned. This likely means that the person who submitted the other forum thread never submitted a new product idea for this. You can submit this product idea if you would like by e-mailing ideas@infragistics.com as this will place you in direct communication with our product management teams who plan and prioritize new and upcoming developments based on community and user feedback.

There are of course, other options with Infragistics controls that could allow you to achieve this. You could build a sort of "factory" application that creates the Word document from scratch using the Infragistics Word Library and add your template document's pieces in order. Alternatively, you could also load a .docx version of your template document into the XamRichTextEditor and then programmatically move the XamRichTextEditor cursor to pre-defined positions so that you can insert values into the document, and then export it. This was recommended by Rob in the other forum thread, and here is a link describing Importing and Exporting .docx files to and from the XamRichTextEditor: http://help.infragistics.com/doc/WPF/2015.1/CLR4.0/?page=xamRichTextEditor_Managing_Import_Export_DOCX.html.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Sincerely,
    Andrew
    Associate Developer

Reply Children
No Data