Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Infragistics.Windows.Themes.ThemeManager vs. Infragistics.Themes.ThemeManager
posted

What is the difference between Infragistics.Windows.Themes.ThemeManager and Infragistics.Themes.ThemeManager?
Which one would you recommend to use?

Thank you!

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Jack,

Thank you for your post.

In a generic sense, I would personally recommend using the Infragistics.Themes.ThemeManager, but it really depends on the controls that you are using and the styles that you want to apply.

The Infragistics.Windows.Themes.ThemeManager is mainly meant for usage with the WPF-specific controls such as the XamDataGrid. This Infragistics.Windows.Themes.ThemeManager has access to some of the themes that the Infragistics.Themes.ThemeManager doesn't, such as Lipstick, Water, Fall, etc. and this is because you can identify them by name. However, many of these themes cannot be applied to certain controls - they are mainly used with our WPF-specific controls. A list of these WPF-specific controls can be found here: http://help.infragistics.com/doc/WPF/2015.2/CLR4.0/?page=WPF_Specific_Controls_Landing_Page.html.

The Infragistics.Themes.ThemeManager can theme anything - including Microsoft built-in controls - with any theme that inherits from ThemeBase. The built-in themes that inherit from ThemeBase include Metro, MetroDark, Office2013, IGTheme, and Office2010 Blue theme. This Infragistics.Themes.ThemeManager includes an ApplicationTheme property that you can use to blanket your entire application in a particular theme with a single line of code. If you are looking to style particular elements, you can use the SetTheme property of this ThemeManager to set it as well.

I hope this helps you. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Sincerely,
    Andrew
    Associate Developer
    Infragistics Inc.
    www.infragistics.com/support

Children
No Data