Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WorksheetCell FormatString thousand separator
posted

Hi, I need to format XamSpreadsheet cells to show space as thousand separator. Should the format string work the same way as Excel formats? In Excel I can get what I want using cell format "# ##0", so 123456789 shows 123 456 789

I tried same formatting on WorksheetCell CellFormat's FormatString but 123456789 shows 123456 789

Is there any way to get space as thousand separator with infinite number of groups? Is this a bug or does your format strings have different logic than Excel? For positive numbers I can use hack "### ### ### ### ### ##0" which works but on negative numbers all the spaces are shown after the minus sign, so for example -1234 is shown as "-    1 234".

Best regards

Henri

Parents
    posted

Hello Tg,

Thank you for your post. The XamSpreedsheet picks up the system’s number format like MS Excel by default. So you need to change the NumberFormat.NumberGroupSeparator of the CurrentThread to space and this way you will be able to achieve the desired behavior without the need to change the standard thousand separator for all Windows application. I have created a sample for you which demonstrates how to do this.

If you want a space as thousands separator in all Windows applications:

• Click Start > Control Panel.
      • Click Clock, Language and Region.
      • Under Region and Language, click Change the date, time or number format.
      • Click Additional Settings...
      • Click in the Digit grouping symbol box.
      • Type a space (you can't select it from the dropdown, but you can type it in yourself).
      • OK your way out.

But if you are experiencing difference in the XamSpreadsheet’s NumberGroupSeparater and in MS Excel probably you have set a space thousand separator only in MS Excel, while keeping the standard thousands separator in other applications:

• In Excel, click File > Options.
      • Click Advanced.
      • Under Editing Options, clear the check box Use system separators.
      • Click in the Thousands separator box.
      • Enter a space.
      • Click OK.

The xamSpreadsheet does not support this option but you can suggest new Product Idea for future versions (or vote for existing ones) at http://ideas.infragistics.com.

Steps to create your idea:

1. Log into the Infragistics Product Ideas site at http://ideas.infragistics.com (creating a new login if needed).

2. Navigate to the product / platform channel of your choice (e.g. WPF, Windows Forms, ASP.NET, HTML5 / Ignite UI, iOS / NucliOS, etc.)

3. Add your product idea and be sure to be specific and provide as much detail as possible. Explain the context in which a feature would be used, why it is needed, why it can’t be accomplished today, and who would benefit from it. You can even add screenshots to build a stronger case. Remember that for your suggestion to be successful, you need other members of the community to vote for it. Be convincing!

The benefits of submitting the product idea yourself include:

• Direct communication with our product management team regarding your product idea.

• Notifications whenever new information regarding your idea becomes available.

Additional benefits of the Product Idea system include:

• Ability to vote on your favorite product ideas to let us know which ones are the most important to you.  You will have ten votes for this and can change which ideas you are voting for at any time.

• Allow you to shape the future of our products by requesting new controls and products altogether.

• You and other developers can discuss existing product ideas with members of our Product Management team.

The product ideas site allows you to track the progress of your ideas at any time, see how many votes it got, read comments from other developers in the community, and see if someone from the product team has additional questions for you.

If you have any further questions do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
    Teodor
    Software Developer
    Infragistics Inc.

XamSpreadSheet_ChangeCultureFormat.zip
Reply Children
No Data