Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Postponing Textbox Update
posted

I currently have an ultracombo on a form and use the text typed into the textbox portion to filter the rows shown in the dropdown portion (grid).

The search works fine and when the user has finished typing there are a selection of rows visible from which they can pick the one they require. My problem is that as soon as the user presses the down key to move down the visible rows, the textbox portion is updated with the currently selected rows displaymember field and the combo re-filters the data (losing the other rows including the one they were moving to). What I would like to do is allow the user to move down the rows, maintaining the typed text in the textbox portion (basically just postponing the update of the textbox) until the user actually selects a row by pressing the enter key (or clicking with the mouse). This would then close up the dropdown and replace the typed text with the selected displaymember field.

Parents Reply Children
No Data