Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Problems with button caption
posted

I'm having a problem with writing an ellipsis ("...") as part of the caption of a button.  Simply put, I've created a button with the caption

"Save page as..."

Now, when I put this button in the ribbon application menu (the big circle thing in the left), the ellipsis shows.  When I put the button in the ribbon bar, however, the ellipsis does not show.  What's odd is, if I check the properties of the button in the application menu, the name appears with the ellipsis.  When I check the properties of the button in the ribbon bar, the ellilpsis doesn't show in the name.  Also, after checking the latter, the button in the application menu reverts to a version without the ellipsis and the ellipsis no longer shows in the caption.

Does anyone know if this is a bug or are you just not able to put ellipsis in the caption on the ribbon bar? 

Parents
    posted

I don't see why ellipses wouldn't be allowed in tool captions, and if they weren't allowed, you wouldn't have been able to set it on the application menu button only to have it change later, so either way it sounds like a bug and I would recommend submitting the issue to the support group: http://www.infragistics.com/gethelp.

You can try to workaround this by using the ellipsis character ('…') instead of three '.' characters in a row.

Reply Children
No Data