Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
TimelineView
posted

Hi, I am trying to recreate something similar to the WPF timeline sample using the Win Form ‘UltraTimelineView’ tool. I could not find a similar forms sample.

I am using a panel and picture box above the timeline and overlaying graphics and buttons on the panel/picture.  

I am driving the viewable area in the panel using the start and end date/times from the ‘UltraTimelineView’. This way as the timeline viewport changes I will syncronise & display similar changes in the picture/panel view.

I get the dates/times from

TextBox1.Text = e.VisibleDateTimeRange.StartDateTime.ToLongDateString()

TextBox2.Text = e.VisibleDateTimeRange.StartDateTime.ToLongTimeString()

TextBox3.Text = e.VisibleDateTimeRange.EndDateTime.ToLongDateString()

TextBox4.Text = e.VisibleDateTimeRange.EndDateTime.ToLongTimeString()

in the UltraTimelineView1_VisibleDateTimeRangeChanged event.

This works fine if I use the buttons in the header bar to move the increment and decrement dates as it does if I use the left and right buttons on the horizontal scroll bar on the timeline. These move the timeline in solid one month intervals.

However when I drag the dates using the drag-able portion of the UltraTimelineView’ horizontal scroll bar visually the timeline may drop mid month but the dates returned by the 'e.VisibleDateTimeRange.EndDateTime.ToLongTimeString' shows beginning or end of month. Have tried using :-

Me.UltraTimelineView1.EnsureDateTimeVisible(e.VisibleDateTimeRange.StartDateTime.ToLongDateString()

with little success.

I am using the 11.2.20112.2028 version of the control which should be pretty up-to-date.

My first time using this control so have clearly missed something. Any advice/samples appreciated.

JPeg image enclosed

Phil

Parents Reply Children
No Data