Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraChart designer bug?
posted

Apologies to the group if somehow this is a known issue; I searched the Infragistics sites but didn't find confirmation.  In fact it may not be a bug but some unfortunate result due to my misuse of the framework...

Background:
  -  Using  NetAdvantage 2011.1 for Windows Form
  -  In Visual Studio, using the designer, I edit an  Infragistics.Win.UltraWinChart.UltraChart ...
         - I set the ChartType   to  PointChart3D
         - I also set various properties,  in particular I alter the Format properties of the Axis.*  Labels

Problem:
    It appears that the order in which the code automatically produced in the InitializeComponent() method (myForm.designer.cs file) is not functional because the various assignments to properties such as
           this.ultraChart1.Axis.X.Labels.ItemFormatString = "<DATA_VALUE:0.##>";
are placed before the assignment of the ChartType
           this.ultraChart1.ChartType = Infragistics.UltraChart.Shared.Styles.ChartType.PointChart3D;

Since this is a well known fact that [re-]assigning the ChartType properties results in altering many of the Chart's properties  (see for eg. the ChartType property documentation or also several references in the forums),  this apparently alphabetic order in which the properties assignments are written out in the InitializeComponents method seems to be an oversight or a bug.

Am I missing something?
Any suggestion or workaround is welcome. 

Thanks!

Parents
    Suggested Answer
    posted

Hello MVeillet,

I try to reproduce your scenario in a small sample using the latest version 11.1.20111.2050, but in my scenario everything works properly. Could you please tell me what is your version and do you have any installed service release and which one. If you are using older version, you could download the latest service release from our site: Infragistics.com -> MyIG-> My Keys and Downloads.   Please take a look at the attached sample for more details and if you think that I didn`t reproduce your scenario, feel free to modify my sample and revert it back to me. Here is part of the designer`s code:

private void InitializeComponent()

{

Infragistics.UltraChart.Resources.Appearance.GradientEffect gradientEffect1 = new Infragistics.UltraChart.Resources.Appearance.GradientEffect();

this.ultraChart1 = new Infragistics.Win.UltraWinChart.UltraChart();

((System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize)(this.ultraChart1)).BeginInit();

this.SuspendLayout();

//

//                   'UltraChart' properties's serialization: Since 'ChartType' changes the way axes look,

//                   'ChartType' must be persisted ahead of any Axes change made in design time.

//           

this.ultraChart1.ChartType = Infragistics.UltraChart.Shared.Styles.ChartType.PointChart3D;

//

// ultraChart1

//

this.ultraChart1.Axis.BackColor = System.Drawing.Color.FromArgb(((int)(((byte)(255)))), ((int)(((byte)(248)))), ((int)(((byte)(220)))));

this.ultraChart1.Axis.X.Labels.Font = new System.Drawing.Font("Verdana", 7F);

this.ultraChart1.Axis.X.Labels.FontColor = System.Drawing.Color.DimGray;

this.ultraChart1.Axis.X.Labels.HorizontalAlign = System.Drawing.StringAlignment.Near;

this.ultraChart1.Axis.X.Labels.ItemFormatString = "<DATA_VALUE:0.#>";

UltraChartPointChart3D.zip
Reply Children
No Data