Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WinChart X Axis Labels and Tick Mark Intervals
posted

Hello,

I am trying to make a demonstration WinChart, but I am having some trouble getting the X-axis labels and tick marks to line up with the data.  I have declared my axis formatting as follows:

UltraChart1.Axis.X.Labels.ItemFormatString = "<DATA_VALUE:MM/yyyy>"

UltraChart1.Axis.X.TickmarkInterval = 12

UltraChart1.Axis.X.TickmarkIntervalType = AxisIntervalType.Months

Then I have the following data points:

DataPointA As New DataPoint(Date.Parse("1/2010"), 5)

DataPointB As New DataPoint(Date.Parse("3/2010"), 1)

DataPointC As New DataPoint(Date.Parse("6/2010"), 10)

DataPointD As New DataPoint(Date.Parse("9/2010"), 5)

DataPointE As New DataPoint(Date.Parse("1/2011"), 1)

Then I add the data points to a NumericTimeSeries and show it on the chart.  However, my graph looks like the following.  I have circled the problem.  If I am thinking about this correctly, DataPointE should line up with the X-axis label and the tick mark line - but it does not.  Is there a way to fix this?  (The date parses out to 1/1/2011, so the point should fall directly on the 01/2011).

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

Hello Maevyn,

If I understood well your scenario, maybe you are looking for the property :

axisX.TimeAxisStyle.TimeAxisStyle = RulerGenre.Discrete;

I try to reproduce your scenario in a small sample. Please take a look at the attached sample and if you think that I misunderstood your scenario, feel free to modify my sample. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to write me

Regards

CompositeLineChart_4.zip
Children
No Data