Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraWinGrid in DropDownEditorButton - InitializeLayout is not firered after set datasource
posted

Hi

I have a TextEditor with a DropDownEditorButton that has a gris as control, and the initializeLayout grid event is not fiered when I set the grid datasource. It is fiered the first time I click the DropDownEditorButton.

My problem is that I made this control to have autosuggest and multiselect dropdown, but if I type something in the text editor before the grid is initialized I've got an error because the column filters are not there.

Do you know how to force the InitializeLayout event, or why when the grid is in a DropDownEditorButton it behaves diferent than when it is in alone?

TIA

Regards,

Gastón

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Gastón,

Is the grid on the form at design-time? Or are you creating a new UltraWinGrid control at run-time?

My guess is the latter and therefore the grid has no BindingContext until it gets reparented to the dropdown control.

You should add the grid to the Controls collection of the form, if that's the case. This will also make sure that the grid is disposed along with the form.

Reply Children
No Data