Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Next Row On Enter
posted

Hello,

I am working with a UltraWinGrid Control. The grid is bound to BindingList Collection which at beginning is empty. I want the user to type in some characters in a cell. Then press Enter and a Dialog is opened with a list that is filtered.

For example: ActiveCell is bound to DeviceSerialNumber and user enters "12" then the popup shows a list of devices containing "12" in the field SerialNumber.

1. I am starting with an empty grid which allows addnew. So in the addnew row the user enters "12" and <Enter>. The first problem is that the enter key is set to the next row. How can I avoid this? Actually I set it back to my edited row.
  2. Filtering does not work since UltrGridView.ActiveCell.Text does not return the value in the cell but the value of the bound member. Is there another property which returns the correct value?
  3. Is there a method to find out if the grid is in Addnew Mode afte´r having pressed <Enter>
  4. My bound object is a complexe type with other Elements in say I have a position where I want to select the device only for infomation. The grid shows the expand icon in in front of the first column. I don't want the row to be expandable

Kind regards

Patrick

Parents Reply Children
No Data