Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Repaint Problem WinGrid UltraDropDown cell
posted
I am using an UltraDropDown as the editor control for a wingrid cell.  The problem I am experiencing is that when a user selects an item from the list, while the AfterExitEditMode event is processed (which in some cases makes a couple database calls and then opens a subform) the UltraDropDown displays the first item from the list in the grid cell - regardless of the users selection from the list.  At the end of the event the selected value is displayed. For example, my list has A, B, C in it.  When the user types 'C', it switches and displays the 'A' in the grid cell while the AfterExitEditMode event is processing, but then after this event is completed it returns to display the "C".

Any thoughts?

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

Are you using the latest version / hot fix? I thought I remember something like this being fixed recently. 

If that's not helpful, then perhaps you could try calling Infragistics.Win.DropDownManager.CloseUp before you show your dialog. This might cause an infinite loop, I'm not sure. But it might close the dropdown so the users don't see the wrong selected item.

Another possible solution might be to use a BeginInvoke to call a method that shows the dialog, rather than showing it directly from the AfterExitEditMode event.  

If none of that helps, I recommend submitting a small sample application demonstrating the issue to Infragistics Developer Support so they can check it out:  Submit an incident to Infragistics Developer Support

Reply Children
No Data