Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WinGrid: Unbound Column dropping
posted

Hi,

I define a columns for wingrid in the designer using "Manually Define a Schema" button in the UltraWinGrid Designer. I add one "unbound column" (whose key does not exists as a property in my data source) along with some bound columns. I also set the appearances for all the columns including unbound column. When I bound the grid with data source like the code below the unbound column is being dropped.

MyDataItems myItems = getData();

ultradGridData.SetDataBinding(myItems , null, true, true);

I know I can add the unbound column in the InitializeLayout event but my unbound column has a particular appearance and column position with in the grid, how can I avoid losing all those properties?

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

How are you adding the unbound column? You can't add the unbound column as part of the schema that you are manually defining. The schema should only include column that  exist in the data source.

the unbound column should be added using the "Add Unbound Column" button on the Columns page of the designer.

Children
No Data