Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Toolbar disposal taking long time
posted

Hi, I work for spillman Technologies and we are using your infragistics2.win.v7.3 etal in one of our products.  We have noted that it takes a long time for our application to close, so profiled the application to see the hot spots while closing.

We think it has been narrowed down to your code.

We have a class which extends UltraToolbarsManager, in which we override Dispose:

protected override void Dispose(bool disposing)
        {
            base.Dispose(disposing);
            if (disposing)
            {
                if (this.Toolbars != null)
                {
                    this.Toolbars.Clear();
                }
                if (this.Tools != null)
                {
                    this.Tools.Clear();
                }
            }
        }

When the call to this.Toolbars.Clear() happens, it takes a long time without ever calling back into our code, but seeming to delve deep into size/position calculations.  I have tried commenting out our dispose override, but the closure still takes a long time, getting into infragistic resize code by another path... this is ironic because we obviously don't care the size or any other visual feature while our application closes.

The toolbar is on an mdi form.

Here is a screenshot from the profiler:

I have tried various tricks including wrapping the dispose method in Begin/EndEdit, wrapping the dispose of the MDI form in SuspendLayout, and so on.  All to no avail.

Parents Reply Children
No Data