Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to do a distinct select?
posted

I am using the ultradatasource for design time support that is better than a typical dataset. I was wondering if there is a way to do a select distinct from a column so that I can use those values in a value list?

I would like to implement the autocomplete feature like in Excel where other values in that column can be used to autocomplete as you type. If there is a better way of doing this please let me know.

Thanks!

Parents
No Data
    posted

I'm not really sure that there's a way to do this in the UltraDataSource.  I think that the best way to do this would be to use a Hashtable/Dictionary and to walk over all of the rows in the data source; the Hashtable will give you the quick lookup time to determine if you've already located a particular value.  When you're done with iterating through the rows, you can then take all of the values that you've found and put them into a list.

-Matt

Children
No Data