Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ToolTip does not show up un UltraDayView
posted

I am using Infragistics 8.2. I am building a .NET control which is wrapped as ActiveX to be embedded in a SAP environment.

I have a UltraDayView with an appointment on it. I want a ToolTip to show up when the cursor is over the appointment.

There is no ToolTip visible, neither on the UltraDayView nor on the appointment. I have put a ToolTipManager on the control and registered a default ToolTip like this:

UltraToolTipInfo toolTipInfo = toolTipManager.GetUltraToolTip(ultraDayView);
toolTipInfo.ToolTipText =
"Test Tooltip";

I have overridden BeforeAppointmentToolTipDisplayed event of ultraDayView just to see if the method is called but this does not happen!

Any idea what goes wrong? Any hint is appreciated!

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

I am speculating a bit but it is possible that you are using one of th older ViewStyles, and the string which comprises the appointment's Subject and time range fits in the available space; in this scenario, no tooltip will be displayed, since all the appointment information is fully visible.

Even with the conditions I cited, the UltraToolTipManager should have been displayed, barring some kind of security issue (tooltips are top-level windows, and as such require certain security permissions on the client machine). I am not familiar enough with SAP to know whether this is the reason, but if the application works in a "standard" Windows setting, that would indicate the reason has something to do with the environment.

Children
No Data