Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Designer Weirdness
posted

I recently started to see some very strange behavior when I try to add an UltraGrid control to an existing UserControl derived class.

Whenever I drag the UltraGrid from the toolbox and drop it on the control, VS will grind away for several seconds and then display it at the bottom of the designer window. It is not rendered on top of the UserControl. The UltraGrid did not end up a child of the UserControl class. When I tried to drag the UltraGrid control in the Document Outline window to make it a child, VS would crash.

So I asked a coworker to add the UltraGrid for me, which he was able to do without any problem. When I open it in the VS designer, the UltraGrid is a child of the UserControl, but it is still shown a the bottom of the window. I cannot launch the custom property editor for the UltraGrid.

I can add UltraGrids to a trivial test project.

We recently upgraded our projects from NetAdvantage 8.1 to 8.2. I uninstalled 8.1 shortly before this problem started. Since then, I reinstalled 8.1 but that did not help. The UltraCombo also shows this same problem.

I am using VS 2008.

Any ideas?

Larry

Parents Reply Children
No Data