Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Filter component is slow for UltraGrid there is a Editor Component attached to it.
posted

I have an Ultragrid control that is bound to a UltraComboEditor(value2 as per code). It has been used since I need to enable multiple value selections and values to be seperated by ",".Filter row for this column seems to take bit of time (even for  row count>500) and is unresponsive for large row count. I compared the same with dropdown with a valuelist that works for large number of rows. Can someone help on the same

private void _ListGrid_InitializeLayout(object sender, InitializeLayoutEventArgs e)
{
ValueList vl = new ValueList();
for(int i=1;i<=6000;i++)
{
vl.ValueListItems.Add(i.ToString());
}
//to check:value as dropdown
_ListGrid.DisplayLayout.Bands[0].Columns["Value"].ValueList = vl;
_ListGrid.DisplayLayout.Bands[0].Columns["Value"].Style = Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.ColumnStyle.DropDownList;

DataTable dt = new DataTable("MyTable");

DataColumn idColumn = new DataColumn("ID", typeof(int));
dt.Columns.Add(idColumn);
DataColumn nameColumn = new DataColumn("Name", typeof(string));
dt.Columns.Add(nameColumn);
// Set the primary key column
dt.PrimaryKey = new DataColumn[] { idColumn };
//to check:any value greater than 500 cauing delay with filter row for Value2 column
for (int i = 1; i <= 6000; i++)
{
DataRow dtChld = dt.NewRow();
dtChld["ID"] = i;
dtChld["Name"] = i;
dt.Rows.Add(dtChld);

}
this._cmbUseCase.DataSource = dt;
this._cmbUseCase.DisplayMember = "Name";
this._cmbUseCase.ValueMember = "ID";
//to check:value 2 as UltraComboEditor mapped to ultrgrid
_ListGrid.DisplayLayout.Bands[0].Columns["Value2"].EditorComponent = _cmbUseCase;
_ListGrid.DisplayLayout.Bands[0].Columns["Value2"].Style = Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.ColumnStyle.FormattedText;

_ListGrid.DisplayLayout.AutoFitStyle = Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.AutoFitStyle.ResizeAllColumns;
_ListGrid.DisplayLayout.Override.FilterUIType = FilterUIType.FilterRow;
}

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Jesuraj,

I have been investigating into the behavior you are seeing, and I have reproduced the performance issues you are seeing with the UltraComboEditor within the filter row.

This behavior is unexpected, and as such, I have asked our engineering teams to examine it further. To ensure that this receives attention, I have logged it in our internal tracking systems with a development ID of 29661. The next step will be for a developer to examine this issue further and offer a fix or other resolution.

I have created you a private support case so that you can be notified when this happens. This support case has an ID of C-00235362, and you can access it after signing into your account here: https://account.infragistics.com/support-cases.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Children
No Data