Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
16.1 UltraWinTree.UltraTreeNode NULL Reference Exception in method "GetDataColumnFromDisplayColumn"
posted

Hi, 

I've been running into an issue with the UltraTreeNode object that's part of the UltraWinTree.

There's this scenario where the method GetDataColumnFromDisplayColumn(UltraTreeNodeColumn displayColumn, bool allowNull) throws an exception because something in here is null:

This issue only occurs when one of my custom textbox objects tries to filter list of nodes on the UltraWinTree.

If I click 'Enter' on my custom filter and click on a node in my UltraWinTree at the same time, data is filtered and the winForm triggers a click event on the node that my mouse is currently hovering over. This then trickles down into the UltraTreeNode method I mentioned above and we get an exception.

Stack trace:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTree.UltraTreeNode.GetDataColumnFromDisplayColumn(UltraTreeNodeColumn displayColumn, Boolean allowNull)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTree.ColumnSettingsResolved.IsCellEnabled(UltraTreeNode node)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTree.UltraTreeNodeColumnEditorOwner.IsEnabled(Object ownerContext)
at Infragistics.Win.EditorWithTextDisplayTextUIElement.get_Enabled()
at Infragistics.Win.TextUIElementBase.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e, Boolean adjustableArea, UIElement& captureMouseForElement)
at Infragistics.Win.EditorWithTextDisplayTextUIElement.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e, Boolean adjustableArea, UIElement& captureMouseForElement)
at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseDownHelper(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseDown(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.Utilities.ProcessEvent(Control control, ProcessEvent eventToProcess, EventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTree.UltraTree.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Now, my only alternatives are to either modify my custom filter to only filter the node list at a point in time where the user wouldn't have their mouse clicking on a node, or to just tell users not to click on a node when a filter is in use. Neither of these are too practical for the situation i'm in and I would like to know what I can do to fix this?

I'm currently under the assumption that I will need to clear or set some data/property to avoid getting that far into the node where the exception occurs, but I don't know what exactly needs to be changed.

Are there any ideas or updates that can help with this?

My dll version is: 16.120161.2156

Parents Reply Children
No Data