Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Custom Text on UltraPieChart Toolip
posted

Is there a way to set custom text on an UltraPieChart Tooltip? I can handle the TooltipContentUpdating but it does not return a control like on the UltraDataChart which I am more familiar with. When I use the UltraDataChart I typically return a custom formatted label which works great and allows for a lot of flexibility. I would like to at minimum set some custom text to show when you hover over each slice of the pie. Is that possible? Can the UltraDataChart render a Pie Chart?

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Nicholas,

It is definitely possible to set custom text for an UltraPieChart tooltip, and this is done using the TooltipContentUpdating event of the control.

I am guessing that you are perhaps on an earlier version of the Infragistics for Windows Forms toolset if the TooltipContentUpdating is not returning a Control? At the time of writing this, the event arguments of the TooltipContentUpdating event exposes a CurrentContent property that returns a Control, which you can either dig into or replace with your own control.

I am attaching a sample project that demonstrates the usage of this event to show a custom tooltip text for the different slices of an UltraPieChart.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

UltraPieChartTooltip.zip

Reply Children
No Data