Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Need guidance on UltraWinChart -> UltraDataChart migration
posted

Are there any resources (or tools?) available that document/faciliate how to transition from UltraWinChart to UltraDataChart?

HI there, I've been asked to take over a product that using WinForms/Infragistics 16 and I want to migrate it to Infragistics 21.1 running on .net 5.

If I've understood it correctly, I need to use Nuget packages instead of COM references (and in practice, my .Net 5 version of the project works fine now that I have removed COM references and included Nuget packages.)

However, the one sticking point is that the Winforms/Infragistics 16 project uses UltraWinChart and afaik this is *not* available via Nuget packages, and therefore I need to migrate from UltraWinChart to using UltraDataChart.

I've had a look at the object model and UltraDataChart seems very different from UltraWinChart. 

Are there any resources (or tools?) available that document/faciliate how to transition from UltraWinChart to UltraDataChart?

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello John,

I have been looking into your questions relating to this forum thread, and I have some information for you on this matter.

I can confirm that you have understood correctly that our support for .NET 5 is done via NuGet and since the UltraChart has essentially been marked obsolete to its successor, the UltraDataChart, it was not brought to .NET Core 3.1 / .NET 5 and there is no NuGet package for it. Here are a pair of links to a list of our NuGet Packages as well as information on how to use the NuGet Feed.

Regarding the object model of the UltraDataChart versus the UltraChart, you are correct that they are quite different. However, I would recommend that you review our online documentation about the UltraDataChart here, as this may help you to understand it a bit further.

As for a dedicated document or tools on a transition from the UltraChart to the UltraDataChart, this does not exist. If you have an example UltraChart that you are looking to rewrite in the UltraDataChart though, whether via a sample or a screenshot, I may be able to help you with a sample there.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Children
No Data