Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to filter data in UltraCombo inside an UltraGrid - UltraGridCell, with datasource different on each row
posted

Hello,

As I cannot post in the following post. I create a new one.

https://www.infragistics.com/community/forums/f/ultimate-ui-for-windows-forms/123057/how-to-use-a-row-filtrerable-component-in-ultragridcell/540846

Ivan give me some advices (use an ultraCombo) but my expecations are a litlle more complex.

Using an UltraCombo as ComponentEditor of an UltraGridColumn will be shared between all the row of the grid.

But the dataSource of the UltraCombo will be different on each row.

here is an example:

R1 - "Toto" - RetrictData = true UltraCombo DataSource = [ { "TO1" , "Toto company" } , { "TOTO" , "Toto sarl" } ]

R2 - "Mim" RestrictData = true UltraCombo DataSource = [ { "MM1" , "Master Information Manager" } , { "MX" , "Mini Mouse" } ]

R3 - "Alien" RestrictData = false UltraCombo DataSource = [ all the third parts of the company ]

The number of all third parts of the company could be more than 300 000.

An another behavior, is when the RestrictData value is changed.

- When true, then the UltraCombo dataSource is a sublist of all thirdParts.

- When false, then the UltraCombo dataSource all thirdParts.

I tried in the event BeforeEnteringInEditMode but:

If I don't call the UltraCombo.DataBind() method, the number of items in the UltraCombo will not be refresh. if at the first call there are 3 items, on the following calls there will be only 3 items in the UltraCombo but its datasource hold 300 000 items.

If I call the UltraCombo.DataBind() method, the processing time should be more than 15 seconds which is not acceptable and not usable.

To be more userfriendly, I would like to have a filter row (but Ultracombo does not support this kind of filtering).

The filter row, will be really appreciated because, as user can have lots of third parts (more than 300 000), it would fabulous to filter on each column of the data source.

Does someone have a "trick" that should match with my expectations? With an Ultracombo or an another component?

Many thanks.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Christophe,

Correct me if I’m wrong but you want to use multiple UltraCombos for each row with different data sources. You mentioned that you would have 3 rows with UltraCombos as EditorComponents, where the UltraCombos would have different data sources and then based on the data in the  RestrictData column the data sources of the UltraCombo in the cell in the same row should be changed depending on it.

This could be achieved by defining 3 different UltraCombos with different data sources. When the user changes the data inside the RestictData column the UltraCombo that is in the same row would change its EditorComponent but not its data source, which would reduce the time to process the data inside the UltraCombo, since the data would be loaded only once.

I am attaching a small sample application, which demostates what I have explained above. It deals with book categories and tries to replicate the behavior you stated above, providing some way of searching inside the UltraCombos with AutoCompoleteMode and AutoSuggestFilterMode. Please test the sample on your side and let me know if you have any questions.

Since you mentioned that you would like FilterRow functionality inside your ComboBoxes, which is not provided with the UltraCombo control, I suggest you checking this forum post.  It describes how the BeforeCellListDropDown can be cancelled and how to show an UltraGrid in the place of the dropdown list of the dropdown column inside the UltraGrid. In the second UltraGrid that is inside the dropdown you can set FilterRow as its FilterUIType, however you would need to handle the size and the location of the gird, its visibility as well as the selection of values.

Additionally, could you provide the code you used inside the BeforeEnteringInEditMode, which would also be useful to resolve your issue.

Regards,
    Ivan Kitanov

DifferentUltraCombosInSameColumn.zip

Children
No Data