Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraCalendarCombo Focus first time
posted

We are getting user complaints in a WinForm application that uses the UltraCalendarCombo (Version 16.1.20161).

When we have a UltraCalendarCombo with a date in it, the first time the user clicks on it, the cursor moves to the beginning of the Date text.  After the first time, whenever they click on the textbox portion of the control, the cursor stays where they clicked.

For example, if the screen loads and the UltraCalendarCombo has '25-Jun-2020' in it, if the user clicks on the space after the 5.  The cursor jumps to the beginning of the date (before the 1st '2').  After the first time this happens, the cursor stays wherever it is clicked.

I *believe* this may have something to do with the edit control becoming visible.  Is there a way to fix this (ie have the cursor stay where the user clicked the first time)?  Can I force the control to Edit mode when the form becomes visible so that the Editor is valid and visible and we "bypass" the first click?

Thanks for any help,

Jason

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Jason, 

After doing some testing, while I can reproduce what you are describing the UltraDateTimeEditor behaves as you wish. The UltraDateTimeEditor also contains edit mode functionality that the UltraCalendarCombo does not have. From my understanding UltraCalendarCombo doesn't function as a regular editor. The UltraDateTimeEditor in fact does and has an Editor property you can manipulate and put in edit mode and the calendar combo cannot. Although you won't have to do this if you decide to use this control as click anywhere will put the cursor at that position. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Children
No Data