Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WinSchedule Appointment screen customization
posted

Related to my prior inquiry (https://www.infragistics.com/community/forums/f/ultimate-ui-for-windows-forms/121372/winschedule-sample-confusion-questions), this one will be specifically about the appointment dialog. based on the sample WINSCHEDULE DATABASE DEMO VB, for reference.

I would like to make customizations to the appointment dialog. Since this is not an editable windows form, can that be done? Where is the source code located?

Alternatively, perhaps my changes can be manipulated via coding in events, such as BeforeDisplayAppointmentDialog. Specifically, these are the changes I'd like to make:

1. Change the appointment dialog icon to match my application

2. What is Action tab for? Does the program actually execute any entries here like the Windows Scheduler or is it just for decoration? In any case it needs to be hidden for my purposes.

3. The window title should not change when the user types in the subject line

4. The location needs to be a pre-populated drop down list from an unrelated table in my application

5. Do the reminders work? How are they fired? When you enter the application? O do I have to search the database for any reminders myself or ??

6. Why is owner locked when I add a new one? I don't see a way to change that. I can't add new appointments to new users.

Thanks for any helpful replies.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Ted, 

i. regarding your other post the All Properties just makes it easier to use when you have several properties. Common properties such as Subject, StartDate and EndDate exist on the CalendarInfo's DataBindingsForAppointments property, including AllProperties

1. Change the appointment dialog icon to match my application

Unfortunately the easiest way is to handle the UltraCalendarInfo's BeforeDisplayAppointmentDialog event and set e.Cancel = true and then show your own. There is a WinForms Samples Browser -> Legacy > WinSchedule -> Appointment Dialog 2007 example or Outlook 2003 Appointment Dialog example that demonstrate how to customize the dialogs.

2. What is Action tab for? Does the program actually execute any entries here like the Windows Scheduler or is it just for decoration? In any case it needs to be hidden for my purposes.

Not sure what Action Tab you are referring to. Please provide a screenshot.

3. The window title should not change when the user types in the subject line

The schedule controls were based on Outlook which updates it's title after saving and reopening the appointment dialog

4. The location needs to be a pre-populated drop down list from an unrelated table in my application

//All properties 			
    	// Any other Appointment properties not covered above are stored as 
    	// Binary data in the AllProperties field. This includes properties like 
    	// BarColor, Location, etc. 
    	newTable.Columns.Add("AllProperties", typeof(Byte[]));

5. Do the reminders work? How are they fired? When you enter the application? O do I have to search the database for any reminders myself or ??

Take a look at the WinForms Samples Browser -> Legacy > WinSchedule -> Appointment Reminder Desktop Alert example

6.  Why is owner locked when I add a new one? I don't see a way to change that. I can't add new appointments to new users.

The Owner class has a Locked property you can set to false. 

this.ultraCalendarInfo1.Owners[0].Locked = false;

Let me know if you have any questions. I will be closing the other thread so no one else answers it by mistake.

Michael
Children
No Data