Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Filter both viewed and un-viewed items
posted

Hi guys,

I'm trying to make the column filters work for items that are displayed on the grid and the ones that are not (one item is composed of multiple ones but only one is viewable on the grid).

The default filter works fine but just for items that are viewable. So what i did i implemented the BeforeRowFilterDropDownPopulateEventArgs event and expanded the filters value list (with the values that are not viewable on the grid). e.ValueList.ValueListItems.Add(filter.FormattedNotViewableItem). And this adds all those items in the filter drop down. After this i added the FilterRowEventArgs event and on every match for my FormattedNotViewableItem and the e.Row.ListObject that contains that filter value i would set e.RowFilteredOut = false;

And this works just fine, it filters the items that are not viewed on the grid. But the problem occurs when i try to filter another column, then the e.RowFilteredOut = false stays the same (it is called in the FilterRowEventArgs event for every row in the grid )so the new filter condition in not taken into account and basically the filter results stay the same.

Can i somehow reset these values before i call the new filter for the new column or i should try another approach?

Anyone with some ideas would be really beneficial.

Thanks

Nikola Kalkovaliev

Parents Reply Children
No Data