Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
On Component.Dispose() the value of Infragistics.Win.UltraWinEditors.UltraComboEditor is getting changed
posted

On Component.Dispose() the value of Infragistics.Win.UltraWinEditors.UltraComboEditor value is getting changed. I am unable to trace it why it is getting changed and also need a clarification with what value it will get restored or released. 

protected override void Dispose(bool disposing)
        {
            if (disposing && (components != null))
            {
                components.Dispose();
            }
            base.Dispose(disposing);
        }

Could you please me to trace it out or by default what value will be holed by this control on what basis.

Thank you so much for your support. 

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello Somasundaram,

I have been investigating the issue you are seeing, but I cannot seem to reproduce the behavior that the value of the UltraComboEditor is changed upon disposal. I took a quick look through our source code to see what is happening in the overridden Dispose method, and there is nothing there that appears to touch the Value property of the combo, and so I believe this issue is likely coming from elsewhere.

I am attaching the simple sample project I used to test this in which, on a Button click, and UltraComboEditor in the view is disposed. I have attached the sample project I used to test this.  Please test this project on your PC; whether or not it works correctly may help indicate the nature of this problem.

If the project does not work correctly, this indicates either a problem possibly specific to your environment, or a difference in the DLL versions we are using.  My test was performed using version 18.2.20182.175 in Infragistics for Windows Forms 2018.2.

If the project does show the product feature working correctly, this indicates a possible problem in the code of your application.  It will help if you can provide a small, isolated sample application that demonstrates the behavior you are seeing.

Or, if this sample project is not an accurate demonstration of what you're trying to do, please feel free to modify it and send it back, or send a small sample project of your own if you have one.

UltraComboEditorValueChanged.zip

Reply Children
No Data