Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Appointment Recurrent Exception Error
posted

We have users that are getting the error "Any exceptions associated with this recurring appointment will be lost.  Is this OK?" I can not figure out why they are getting this and it eventually blows out all appointments we have the calendar.  Can you tell me why this error would come up?

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hello,

Thank you for posting in our forums!

This is not an error as much as it is a notification or a prompt.  To understand why this happens, it helps to be familiar with how recurrences are kept track of.

First, read over our documentation on this here: https://www.infragistics.com/help/winforms/winschedule-recurring-appointments

This prompt is saying that if any "variances" are created from the recurring appointment, they will be reset and any changes to the recurrence will be applied to it instead.  It is essentially the same prompt from Outlook's calendar below.

If I had to move my lunch time for a specific day, and then if I edit the recurrence I would lose the variance for that specific day.

I hope this helps you understand what is happening.  If you have any further questions or concerns with this, please let me know.

Children
No Data