Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WinForms 2018.1 themed trial controls are too slow
posted

Hello,
I'm thinking to use Infragistics2018.1 WinForms into my WinForm DotNet4.6 application, so I'm trying to compare the control's performance.
I wrote a little tester to check the "loading time" for the same window: using DotNet 4.6 native's controls, and using Infragistics2018.1's themed form and controls.
The window is "heavy" enaugh, because it has 3 tabs, a TableLayoutPanel for each tab, and a lot of labels and textboxes for each TableLayoutPanel.
The first window uses ONLY DotNet4.6 controls; instead the second window uses ONLY Infragistics2018.1's labels,textbox,tabs,....
Here is the problem: when I open the Framework's window, it opens always instantly. But when I try to open the Infragistic's window, it takes always 4-5 seconds.
Both windows opens without any additional operation into FormLoad.
I did my test in my Windows10 Professional 64bit, Intel I3, 16GB RAM
It seems that the Infragistics's controls performance go down drastically when I apply the theme to form and controls.
There is a way to increase your controls performance using theme and WinFormManager for skin my application?
I attach my tester project, written with VS2017.
Thank you.TestInfragistics2018.1.zip

Parents Reply Children
No Data