Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
BoldAsString?
posted

Using IG WinForms 2012 Vol 2 in MS Visual Studio 2010 (yes, we are stuck on old versions because of "management issues")...

Sometimes, within the designer when I set an Appearance.FontData.Bold value to TRUE and try to save the form I get an exception dialog that says:

Code generation for property 'BoldAsString' failed.  Error was: 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object'.

When I click OK, it'll display the same message two to four more times.

Any ideas?  I have to reset the FontData.Bold value to save the form and then set bold at runtime.

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello stevenmilz,

I have done an initial investigation into this issue with my colleagues, and in order to proceed with this, I believe I may need a little more information from your end.

As of yet, I have not been able to reproduce this behavior you are seeing, although I feel it may be related to the Visual Studio version that you are using and am in the process of setting up a virtual machine on my end so I can test against Visual Studio 2010.

Would it be possible for you to please provide some information related to the following?

1. Are you are able to attach the stack trace of this error that you are seeing?

2. Is this issue specific to a particular Infragistics control? Which controls are you trying to set the Appearance.FontData.Bold property to "true" on in this case?

3. What is the specific version of the Infragistics for Windows Forms 2012.2 assemblies that you are using? This number should look like 12.2.20122.XXXX.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Sincerely,
    Andrew
    Software Developer

Reply Children
No Data