Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
X - Axis label display customization
posted

I am plotting points in a line chart continuously, reading data from a device every second. This may go upto an hour or more.

i.e, plotting almost 3600 points every hour . The elapsed time/sample number is displayed in the X-Axis label.

After a few minutes of plotting, the X-Axis labels disappear. this is because there is no more space to display them.

I do not want to use the scroll bar and scaling.

Is it possible to modify label display at runtime ?  For example, if I have a chart display area equivalent to the size of this Text box, then to start with I will display all sample numbers/elapsed time [vertically] like 1 2 3 5 6 ....

After sometime, based on the lenght of X Axis, when some number of points have been plotted, then I will start displaying only selected labels like: 1  5  10   15   20 ......

Again after some number of points are plotted, I will change to 1  10  20  30  40  ....

and then 1  20 40 ..... like this....

Is there a way to do this? 

Parents Reply Children
No Data