Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Migrating only some controls from 11.1 to 2013.2 with version-free assemblies
posted

Hello everyone, I am pretty new to the community, so excuse me in advance if I don't explain myself right or I don't understand some things.

I have an application that uses dlls from version 11.1.20111.1006 and I want to take some controls to the 2013.2 version.

My problem is, that I only want to migrate SOME of the pages that use Ingfragistics controls, for example, I need some pages to use WebCombo (classic control) and some ohers WebDropDown (new control).

I am trying to use the version-free dlls just as the Guide says, so, for what I could understand, I should use 2 different version-free dlls, one for the WebCombo, and other for the WebDropDown, is that right?

Now, I downloaded the version-free dlls, and I found the WebCombo dll in there, so far so good. Now, when I go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Infragistics\2013.2\ASP.NET\Version-Free\20132_ASPNET_VersionFree I can't find the WebDropDown dll.

Nevertheless, I wanted to know if it's possible for me to combine both new and classic controls of the same control in the same application.

Thank you very much.

Parents
    posted

Hello Nicole,

It is possible to combine 11.1 and 13.2 dlls in order to have both classic and AIKIDO controls in an application. The primary dll of the AIKIDO toolset is Infragistics.Web. It contains controls such as the WebDataGrid and WebDropdown - and it can be referenced alongside the classic control dlss such as Infragistics.Shared and WebGrid. With this approach controls from both toolsets may be displayed side by side.

An exception to be noted is the non-retired classic controls such as the UltraWebChart and WebSchedule - since these controls require both their own assemblies and theSharedassembly, referencing the 13.2 version will cause a conflict between the 11.1 and 13.2 Shared assembly. Therefore for these controls it is advisable to delay the update until the stage where all 11.1 assemblies can be migrated to 13.2.

Additional information regarding the required assemblies for each control may be found at:

http://help.infragistics.com/doc/ASPNET/2013.2/CLR4.0/?page=Web_Deployment_Overview.html

Hope this helps. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Reply Children
No Data