Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Why do pie or column chart colors duplicate ?
posted

I have an issue occuring on both pie and column charts. In both cases, i have both column and pie charts with 6 data rows (e.g. 6 pie slices and 6 columns respectively, each row representing a different division within a company. I want each division to have a different pie slice or column bar color. I don't really care which colors each division is represented by, as long as they have unique colors...however when the charts render, they are duplicating colors...for example, if i have a dataset as follows:

Division         Value

Div 1             100
Div 2             225
Div 3             300
Div 4             350
Div 5             365
Div 6             375

5 of the divisions will have distinct colors (e.g. green, blue, orange, red, yellow)...however one of the divisions will overlap colors...so the result is that two divisions end up with green...and i can't tell them visually apart on the pie or column charts...it's always green that repeats. How can i control this default behavior and have all 6 colors render uniquely. thank you.