Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Migrating ASP.NET WEB APPLICATION from 8.1 to 11.1
posted

Normal 0 21 false false false ES X-NONE X-NONE

Hello,

I have a couple of questions about migrating a VS2010 Web application that has infragistics 8.1 controls.

This web application was first a VS2008 website. Then, we started to work on VS2010 with it without problems. Finally, we transformed it in a VS2010 web application.

We've working on it without problems for 5 months, but now  we are facing the urgent need to upgrade its infragistics components from 8.1 to 2011.1 (the latest with the 'old' controls), as the webcombo does not work well with IE9.

For that, I'm using the version utility (Solution option), checking the upgrade options "Register ASP.NET control prefix in web.config"  and  "Register ASP.NET control assemblies in web.config". That's because we have the infragistics controls referenced in aspx webpages AND in web.config, so I want to simplify it all and use only web.config.

The results are deceiving:

I have to de-register both infragistics2.Excel and Infragistics2.Documents.v8.1 references before attempting to upgrade it, keeping in mind to re-register the equivalent ones once the upgrade is done. This is NOT a major problem though...

Also, I have to do the same with infragistics.guidance.web and infragistics2.Web.ApplicationStylingConfiguration, but as far as I cannot find equivalents in 2011.1 versions I don't know if I have to: 1- Don't include them on the upgraded version (I don't know what they are for !)    2- Include them but their 8.1 versions and have my web application work with 8.1 alongside 2011.1 (Not recommended AFAIK)...

When the utility finishes, and I re-add the infragistics2.Excel and Infragistics2.Documents counterparts on 2011.1 versions, the project compiles but I cannot view aspx forms in design mode as the IDE detects duplicate tags; The reason is that the version utility does not change the web.config, and so the tags are referencing infragistics assemblies from 8.1 and 2011.1 with the same tag.

An extremely ugly procedure could consist about changing every 8.1 related entry on web.config to 2011.1 and reviewing one by one, all the aspx until all the problems are fixed, but this sound weird to me.

So, my questions are: If this is a 'normal' behavior, and, which should be the best way to proceed, and finally what to do with the two references that I don't know its counterparts in 11.1 version.

By the way, I don't have NO IDEA about that "Normal 0 21 false false false ES X-NONE X-NONE " appearing on top of my post 8-D... Looks funny.

Best regards and thanks in advance,

John Barrameda

Parents Reply Children
No Data