Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Web Hierarchical Data Grid constantly crashes Visual Studio 2010 SP1
posted

I have tried creating a simple WHDG project using versions 2011.1.2116 and 2011.2.1019 of Infragistics ASP.NET (latest versions available at the time of this post) and have had to use the Windows Task Manager to repeatedly kill Visual Studio after 1-2 minutes of use.  This seems to happen when closing the browser with debugging enabled, switching to design mode, and just about anything else.

My PC is running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with the version latest security and other patches,  Visual Studio 2010, version 4.0.30319 SP1Rel, and SQL Server 64 bit 2008 R2, version 10.50.2500.0.  I have 16 GB RAM and lots of disk space.

This is incredibly frustrating.  Any suggestions?

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi,

I have been having this problem for a long time and just noticed this post.  I once created a case about it, but couldn't figure out how to make a sample which would cause it to happen.  The way I got around this issue was to assign the datasource to the WHDG in code behind and not in the markup. That stopped the freezing.  The only problem was that I couldn't automatically build my grids from the datasource.  But now, with the solution here of removing the update panel at design time, I can have the best of both worlds.  Once I'm finished designing the grid, I can put the updatepanels back and assign datasource in code behind.

Hope this helps,

Ed

Children
No Data