Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WHDG script error with IE 9
posted

Hello,

this is my first post here.

I am using infragsitics controls for winforms and asp.net for a while and feel to have a good understanding how to use them now, but this time it doesnt seem I can solve my problem.

In my current project I use a WHDG, binding own businessobjects. This is all working really well if I use chrome or firefox to view my web page. With IE the whole control is not being rendered and is not shown.

With IE (9.0.8112.16421 64-Bit) as debugging Browser script documents are generated in visual studio in order to see any script errors. And exactly that is what's happening to me with the WHDG. I will add an image of the error.

The ScriptResource is "Type.registerNamespace("Infragistics.Web.UI");":

For additional hints here is the aspx for the control the WHDG is placed in, the code behind is empty:

<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="WorkplaceTreeControl.ascx.cs"

Inherits="Binner.ProjectManager.GraphicalUserInterface.Controls.Workplace.ContainerControls.WorkplaceTreeControl" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="Infragistics4.Web.v10.3, Version=10.3.20103.1013, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7dd5c3163f2cd0cb"

Namespace="Infragistics.Web.UI.DataSourceControls" TagPrefix="ig" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="Infragistics4.Web.v10.3, Version=10.3.20103.1013, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7dd5c3163f2cd0cb"

Namespace="Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls" TagPrefix="ig" %>

Namespace="Infragistics.Web.UI" TagPrefix="ig" %>

Namespace="Infragistics.Web.UI.NavigationControls" TagPrefix="ig" %>

<%--<ig:WebDataTree ID="webDataTree" runat="server" SkinID="WorkplaceTree" SelectionType="Single"

OnNodeClick="NodeClicked">

<AutoPostBackFlags NodeAdded="On" NodeClick="On" />

<DragDropSettings EnableDragDrop="True">

</DragDropSettings>

</ig:WebDataTree>--%>

<div>

<ig:WebHierarchicalDataGrid ID="WebHierarchicalDataGrid1" runat="server" Height="350px"

DataSourceID="WebHierarchicalDataSource1" Width="100%" InitialDataBindDepth="-1"

InitialExpandDepth="-1" AutoGenerateColumns="false" AutoGenerateBands="false"

DataKeyFields="ID" IsSelfReference="True" EnableRelativeLayout="True">

<Columns>

<ig:BoundDataField DataFieldName="ShortName" Key="ShortName" Header-Text="ShortName">

<Header Text="ShortName"></Header>

</ig:BoundDataField>

<ig:BoundDataField DataFieldName="ID" Key="ID" Header-Text="ID" Width="50">

<Header Text="ID"></Header>

<ig:BoundDataField DataFieldName="Number" Key="Number" Header-Text="Number" Width="50">

<Header Text="Number"></Header>

</Columns>

<Bands>

<ig:Band DataMember="baseElementsDataView" Key="Employees" ShowHeader="false" ShowFooter="false"

IsSelfReference="true" AutoGenerateColumns="false">

<Columns>

<ig:BoundDataField DataFieldName="ShortName" Key="ShortName" Header-Text="ShortName">

<Header Text="ShortName"></Header>

<ig:BoundDataField DataFieldName="ID" Key="ID" Header-Text="ID" Width="50">

<Header Text="ID"></Header>

<ig:BoundDataField DataFieldName="Number" Key="Number" Header-Text="Number" Width="50">

<Header Text="Number"></Header>

</Columns>

</ig:Band>

</Bands>

</ig:WebHierarchicalDataGrid>

</div>

<ig:WebHierarchicalDataSource ID="WebHierarchicalDataSource1" runat="server">

<DataRelations>

<ig:DataRelation ChildColumns="MotherElementId" ChildDataViewID="baseElementsDataView"

ParentColumns="ID" ParentDataViewID="baseElementsDataView" />

</DataRelations>

<DataViews>

<ig:DataView ID="baseElementsDataView" DataSourceID="ObjectDataSource1" />

</DataViews>

</ig:WebHierarchicalDataSource>

<asp:ObjectDataSource ID="ObjectDataSource1" runat="server" SelectMethod="GetAllBaseElements"

TypeName="Binner.ProjectManager.BusinessLogic.Elements.ElementsManager"></asp:ObjectDataSource>

Please help me out.

greets

Carsten

Parents
    Verified Answer
    posted

Hello Carsten,

This behavor appears to be fixed in our latest service release that offer an improved support for IE 9 browser.

If your product is already registered then it has to appear in “My IG > My Keys and Downloads” page under “NetAdvantage” tab along with your key.

When you click on it there should be sections showed below one of with is labeled “Service Releases”.

There you can find the latest service releases for all products purchased. Click on the needed one and the download box should appear that will let you choose where to save the service release.

Install the service release by following on screen instructions and let me know if your issue is resolved.

Reply Children
No Data