Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebDataGrid Colummove Causes Unwanted Postback
posted

Hi,

We are in the process of replacing the UltraWebGrid with the WebDataGrid.  I am using the most current version of the WebDataGrid for .Net Framework 2.0.  I am looking at the Column Moving functionality.  The grid is in an .Net AJAX update panel and every time you move the column headers, a postback is fired.  I have not created any server side events for any of the move events.  Why is the grid doing a postback?

Is there a way to stop the grid from doing a postback on the column move?

Your quick response is greatly appreciated.

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    posted

Hi corydowd,

Right now, the column moving always performs the move operation through a postback.  It does this with either an async or full postback depending upon the EnableAjax property of the grid.  The reason for this was performance.  We modify the VisibleIndex property of the column on the server and then rerender the grid.  In 11.1, there should be client binding using jQuery available.  Using this, it will be possible to do the column move operation completely on the client.  Until then, this is how that feature works.  If you would really like it work on the client, I suggest to submit a feature request for this.

regards,

David Young

Children
No Data