Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebDataGrid and Dropdownprovider: How to "inform" the server-sided part of the control of client-sided actions?
posted

Hi out there,

I have a WebDataGrid that is populated by a view (join on several tables)  The user can add rows to that Grid (Datasource has an insert-Statement with params).

When the user wants to add rows, he has to choose the name (of an employee) from a dropdownprovider (populated by a 2nd Datasource, Empl_ID And Empl_Name) of the column of the grid. If the emplyee is not in the list, the user can add him. This is the only way to add rows.

If the user adds the first employee, the entry is saved correctly, and appears in the Grid. But when I want to add a second employee, it does not work.

The property selectedItem of the dropdown does not change anymore (server-side) after the first emplyee is added whatever I do. Client-sided I can see the Changes of the user.

I guess that I just need to insert some code client-sided, in order to "inform" the server-sided control of the client-sided actions of the user. But: How to do that?

I'm using V2010.3 of the Infragistics Controls.

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hi there, AndresWa.

While I was looking at your issue I noticed that there is a slight difference between the code I'm seeing for the WebDataGrid and the code in the version you're currently using. I believe that if you install the latest service release your issue would be resolved and you would be able to move forward with your application!

Let me know if there are any further issues with these controls once you've installed the latest SR, and I would be happy to look into them!

Thank you for using the Infragistics forums!

P.S: The WebDropDown's set_value function is a public function by convention and not _set_value. I believe that if you use _set_value you would be getting a javascript error as it doesn't exist :)

Children
No Data